Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"I think I just had an apostrophe..."

Being at home, alone, for a month, makes you think of all kinds of weird things. And it goes to show how creative one can be at finding ways to get OUT of the house.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying making my house a home, but this home is making me feel like I am a hostage. I honestly never thought I would actually look forward, this badly, to having a steady, nine to five, five days (or more) a week, job. For just a little bit, before my ending days at BSC, I was looking forward to being home for a couple of weeks. Now I can't wait to get out. Sad, isn't it?

But back to my "apostrophe"... (unless you have watch 'Hook', you won't understand...) I think I have come to the realization that this extended joblessness has been God's way of teaching me to be happy with what I have. Its AMAZING how dwindling funds can further ones appreciation of a steady paycheck. Maybe I have not been able to find a job because I have not learned completely to hand over the state of my finances or my confidence, or my sanity (as it where..) up to God......

Hmm.......

(This would probably be where some enlightened Christian with a better knowledge of scripture than I, would insert some insightful and completely appropriate verse, enlightening those who may happen to read the above, upon the awesomeness that is relying completely on God. BUT, since I was never good at memorization and cannot, for the life of me, ever seem to remember WHERE the appropriate verses are, I will stick with my simple but steady faith and the belief that something will come along, eventually.....)

The above does raise a question in my mind: How is it that some people are so gifted with the art of memorization but others are not? And why do some Christians base other people's "level" of Christian faith on the amount of Scripture that one can cram into one's brain? Am I the only one who finds this rather annoying?

And speaking of annoying.....why do people, who cut across two lanes of traffic coming out of a convenience store parking lot, in an illegal maneuver that nearly causes you to hit the back of their truck, flip you the bird when you have to honk your horn to warn them you nearly smashed into the back of their vehicle because they, after jutting across two lanes of traffic, suddenly decided to slam on their brakes, while sitting parallel in two lanes, the cab of their vehicle in one and their truck bed in the other, thus blocking those two lanes of traffic, when there was no red light or any other reason for them to just STOP in the middle of the road?!?!?

*sigh* Probably for the same reason that people think it is necessary to drive 25 in a 40 mph zone, or 30 in a 55 on a county highway and then merge onto the freeway doing 40.

On a lighter note, I got to spend the afternoon with my nieces and nephew at the park. I was called, personally, by my three year old niece and invited along. I spent two minutes on the phone with her and all I heard out of the continuous babble was "I know you were sick.....hope you feel better....going to park.....going along.....leaving in half hour, at least that's what mommy says........Giselle playing on swings.......you going?" When I informed her that I would love to go but that I needed to talk to Mommy, she informed me:

"But Jenniner, I want to hang up the phone.."
"Ok Nina, but I need to talk to Mommy.."
"But I REALLY want to hang up the phone!!"

An interesting two minutes, but my niece managed to make a rather crappy day a whole lot better. Add to that the smile on her and her sisters face when they got to my house and informed me that I was going with them to the park and I think I am set for the rest of the week. :o)

P.S. Nate is snoring again. I would be irritated that its going to keep me up half the night, but, he also tends to talk when he starts snoring and THAT can be rather entertaining. Plus, he is too cute to stay upset at long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment