Wednesday, August 15, 2007

If I asked where all the time went.....

Would it sound redundant?

I am really starting to feel like all I do is wonder where all my lost time went. Actually, I know exactly where it went, maybe I just have a hard time reconsiling myself to the time wasted.

"Life. Don't talk to me about life."

Updates:

Cigar box purses: What purses? Really. The one I intended to finish is still sitting in its box, waiting for fittings I just really have not gotten around to ordering. I really do think I need a fire under my a$$ as finish things sometimes. BUT, I may have one, ready to order, tailor made. My church is hosting a banquet for our Biblical Archiology Musuem in order to pay of the remaining balance on the pieces we purchase. I am technically in charge of wait staff, (i.e. I get to rally together a large group of teenagers, convince them to work for an evening for free and then spend an entire night ordering them around. *evil grin*), however, we (the Museum Committee) have been given the task of finding items for a silent auction. DING! Suddenly I have a reason to buy the fittings. My friends are always telling me I need to sell my purses but I have never been able to gut myself up to trying to sell anything I make. So this just might be the perfect opportunity. Obviously not one to gauge how much I should charge for items, but it could give me an indication if people are willing to actually buy things I make. SO, with that said, I will probably be buying additional boxes, materials and fittings in the near future and this time I will TRY to be better about actually posting my work. (So says the person who hasn't written anything for 5 months.)

Crochet prodjects: I have completed a few and, big surprise, I forgot to take pictures. I finished an iPOD case for my sister and started a new one for myself. Then I decided to try working with plastic canvas, something I have not done since my mom taught me how to use the stuff in '85. I did complete one, and yet again, forgot to take pictures. The yarn I used was very cute and soft but WAY to easy to stain, so attempt # 2, here we come.

Knitting: Still can't. Nuff said. Not for a lack of trying though, I might add.

Sewing: Nothing really. But that will probably chance since play season is back with the start of school. Costume Central, this is my home.

Beading: Not much of anything lately.

Photography: Actually, I have done a lot of this but nothing of real consiquence. But if anyone actually reads this and cares to see what I have been up to, check out my flickr account. Warning: I am replacing some stuff I had there, so if its blank, check back later.

I think really, on the whole, I have not done a whole lot this year in regards to crafting. A lot of half-a$$ attempts but nothing really finalized. I am hoping I break that label soon.

Right now I am experimenting with a Seamless Single Crochet tecnique I found on futuregirl's site.


No comments:

Post a Comment